As the cooler months arrive in Le Marche, our ingredients change with the weather pattern and we adapt our recipes to the local produce around us.
Years ago, I once asked a neighbour what he did when he wanted to eat strawberries in November and he looked genuinely confused. Why would I want to eat strawberries in November, they grow in summer! Nature takes care of us during the different seasons and the earth gives us what we need. I eat oranges in winter because we need their vitamin C.
After this short, but very interesting conversation I started to change my focus on food. It isn’t always about what we want to eat, but what we should be eating, produce that grows naturally during the seasons each year. As the months and ingredients change, so does the family table in Italy.
November is prime truffle time here and truffles represent the greatest culinary treasure of the gastronomic area of Le Marche.
Try out one of our favourite truffle recipes, it’s quick and easy to prepare and truly delicious.
RECIPE – Truffle Pasta
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
Serves: 4 people
|100 g||Parmesan cheese|
|60 g||fresh black truffle|
- Grate cheese. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large sauté pan.
- Reserve some of the pasta water before straining.
- Add cooked pasta to sauté pan and toss to coat with butter.
- Add grated cheese and some pasta water to loosen mixture to desired consistency and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Thinly shave black truffle over each bowl at the table. Enjoy!
If you want to experience delicious, locally grown food and fine wine visit Le Marche.
For more information on Le Marche and factional ownership opportunities with Appassionata’s Italian lifestyle brand go to www.appassionata.com , or contact Dawn directly email@example.com